The Leadership Institute was grateful to host Kendall Depew, the Associate Director of the Student Success Coach Office at Rutgers University – Camden. Ms. Depew lead a wonderful conversation about her experiences in her collegiate and professional career. 

For many of our students, it was a timely discussion about making sure that collegiate study aligns with personal vision and passion. T’Enaya said, “I learned it is never too late to start over and that change is perfectly okay. This lunch with leaders changed the way I go about college and my professional career because I have been contemplating taking a year off to consider paths and this experience made me more confident in my decision to do so”. 

LJ reported that this experience helped him to accept that it is okay to ask for help, and that it is okay to pursue a career that is not exactly aligned with an academic discipline. Additionally, Kelly noted that she was able to grasp a better understanding of the importance of networking while in college. 

We thank Kendall for her time and her expertise, and we hope to have her back again!