Students experience personalized mentorship that provides insights about the best pathways to success in their major, as well as their future careers and life paths. They will be introduced to mentors and successful alumni who offer advice and act as role models to help them achieve leadership success.
The Leadership Institute provides the guidance and strong connections that helps students to participate in experiential learning opportunities such as internships, digitally-enhanced courses, and learning beyond the classroom. Participation in the many leadership skill building workshops and activities offered in The Leadership Institute encourages and prepares students to undertake many different leadership roles on campus, as well as developing their own leadership style for their career.
Whatever one’s future path may be, the Leadership Institute provides guidance, mentorship and opportunities to help students meet their goals and prepare them to be one of the next generation’s leaders.
Leadership Institute Benefits
- Academic and career mentoring
- Leadership skill building
- Connections to prominent alumni through programming and mentorships
- Guided connections to major-specific programming on and off campus
- Special invitations to guest speakers, lecturers, artists, writers, etc.
- Guided connections to experiential learning opportunities such as internships, international study trips, community outreach projects, etc.
- Campus and community engagement through participation in various campus activities
- Obtaining leadership roles on campus